Since 2018, FOSSTECH AS has the rights to produce and sell Omicron Vapour Alarm Systems (OVS). Read more on www.fosstech.no
Today’s OVS 2.1 comes factory assembled, calibrated and tested according to agreed customer specifications, ready to be installed and commissioned without special tools required. The intuitive and well-structured operation panel ensures ease of use and limited training requirements.
The system consists of a detector cabinet mounted on deck with Eex ia approved oxygen and pressure sensors, flow fail indicator, manifold selector, test and purge facility as well as an electronic cabinet mounted in the cargo control room containing the alarm panel, with individual alarm displays and status LEDs. Different models are available to cover all configurations of manifolds and vapour lines.
The system is designed to meet IMO’s “International Code for Construction and Equipment of Ships carrying Dangerous Chemicals in Bulk” (IBC Code) requirements as well as all classification society rules.
- Factory assembled , calibrated and tested according to agreed customer specification
- Compatible with all types of manifolds and vapour lines
- Intuitive operation
- Customer adjustable oxygen, low and high pressure alarm levels
- Four configurable alarm settings for each sensor
- Multiple pressure sensors / vapour sample lines
- Continuous flow and system watch dog
- No special tools required for installation and commissioning
- Alarm panel separate from electrical control cabinet (optional)
- Remote alarm unit to display alarms on a second location e.g. ship’s bridge (optional)
- RS 485/422 Modbus RTU serial line communication (optional)